Until a couple weeks ago, I hadn't used it.
I started with a cardstock template of the floor of the lamp roombox. I knew I wanted an outer edge of plain cherry with a second row of black. So I cut the four mitred pieces of each for the outer edge then four more pieces that I stained black with my trusty black permanent marker.
I then glued them in place then started to fill in the rest of the floor in a brick pattern.
Now I had to figure out how to cut all the inner pieces properly with all the correct angles. I cut the 24" pieces of veneer in half , taped 11 of them together at one end, than placed them in the gluing jig I got from Samm Brockhurst.
From one end, measured them with the ruler (1 1/4")
then clamped the ruler in place and cut the strips to 1 1/4" length.
Then, starting from the middle of the template, I started gluing all the pieces in place. The first (middle row) was the 1 1/4" pieces, then on either side I cut the 1 1/4" piece in half to start then went with the 1 1/4" pieces again.
And the left side completed...
Now the right side...
Shoot! Now I have to fill in all those holes at the top. Measure them off...
Then put them in place.
I can't find the picture here to transition from the flooring to the floor. But I put four strips of Duck indoor/outdoor carpet tape across the floor then dropped the flooring in place.
I would have coloured the cardstock to match the wood so the very tiny pieces where I didn't quite get pieces of wood together wouldn't have mattered.
Not so sure if I would have done this one - although it certainly would have been easier. Instead of filling in those teeny pieces at the end, I maybe could have cut that piece to fit.