Sunday, March 13, 2016

Personal stuff going on...

Before I post on the weekend with Ruth Stewart tomorrow, thought I'd catch up with a few other things from the weekend.

First of all, I received this information from Marilyn A.  in Calgary who is also an associate member of M.E.E.


Unfortunately, the Edmonton Doll Club doesn't have a bus going to the Calgary Show this year so don't know if I'll make it. I did get some great miniatures at their sale last year.

As I've mentioned earlier, I volunteer with the St. Albert Public Library's STARFest (St. Albert Readers' Festival). The bulk of the festival is in October but we occasionally have authors come under that umbrella throughout the year. Friday night Terry Fallis was interviewed by Marty Chan.
What a wonderful, incredibly funny evening it was!  

If you're a reader, you might want to check with your local library and see if they do something similar. Can't speak for the others but here you get to listen to the author for an hour or so (including an audience Q&A), then meet with him/her and get your copy of the author's book signed. In the case of SAPL, the cost of attending in the library is $5.00 - and we supply snacks and beverages, including wine. 

Since Joanne got me involved with this, I've met some wonderful authors and just had a great time!

Ruth Stewart Weekend: Thanks to Luise M-J, we were able to leave a bit early and I got home just as Ruth Stewart was ringing my suite for entry to the condo. Wonderful timing! I'll tell you all about our great weekend in my next post.

Junior Men's Curling World Championship in Denmark: My great-nephew, Matt Dunstone's rink won bronze for Canada! So proud of him and the guys on his team! I do want to give a shout-out to Kyle Doering (second) and Wade Forth (fifth) and my BIL, Fred Pohr (Matt's grand-dad) for their part in this. They were terrific!





No comments:

Post a Comment