Wednesday, March 9, 2016

island top and kitchen layout

With the original top off the island, I used it as a pattern to make a larger faux marble top from matboard that Sandra gave me.



New top

Used a push pin to mark where the spindles go

Placed in position


Found the last two stools from Dollarama in my stash.
Still have to put the doors back on the island and glue the top on. And paint the stools - probably the dark grey with red seats.

Took the room to Stitch and Bitch last night and got some input on how to arrange the pieces and this is what we ended up with. Like this arrangement as it give me a good space in the right hand corner for a broom closet and/or pantry.

Have to put doors back on the corner cabinet and put drawer pulls back on the drawers, make a sink and put in marble counters. Once that's done, I can add the backsplash then install the upper cupboards.


I have a Board meeting tonight then have to work on preparing Ruth's arrival on Friday and classes on the weekend so I don't think I'll be getting much of anything done on this until next week.

1 comment:

  1. Looking really good, Maureen! I love the colour combination. - Marilyn D., Oromocto, NB

    ReplyDelete