Thursday, February 4, 2016

Grahame's birthday box

Did get a small start on the clock case today. I had previously removed all the inner workings so this was just a matter of lining it with two "rooms" of foamcore. First, I took of the front door than I cut two pieces of foamcore for the side pieces and glued them in place. The glue tends to warp the foam core so I put it in place, put a stainless steel ruler over that then clamped both in place. The ruler keeps the clamp from digging into the foamcore.

Cut and glued in the back, then did the cross pieces. The middle piece is 1/2" foamcore from an old project.

I've set the door in place so I can see what it will look like.

I bought this wonderful drum kit from a street vendor in New York City the last time Leanne and I were there. I plan on putting it on a (maybe black velvet covered) stand so it's centered in the gold decoration on the mirror. Maybe do the walls in red to highlight the drums?
I bought this with Grahame in mind but knew I wanted to use it in a scene of some sort. When there wasn't room for it in the Music Room, just set it aside. Since drums are a major part of Grahame's life, it seems appropriate to highlight them here.

Have these two ships for the upper section. Think I may break the ship out of the bottle and use it on its own. The lower ship is a fridge magnet! Haven't decided what else I'll use. I have lots of driftwood, sea glass and shells. Have no idea at this point how it will come together but I'm looking forward to it.


  1. Love that drum kick, Maureen! And the clock interior is coming along nicely. I'll be following every post, looking forward to the inspiration I know each will provide! - Marilyn D., Oromocto, NB

  2. I wish I could get going again,Case was my greatest cheer leader.