Saturday, February 20, 2016

Figuring out the beach...

This seagull had no wire to place him so I took a the tack from a push pin (heated it with a lighter and pulled it out) and put it in the hole in the body of the seagull then pushed it in an angle in the side wall of the scene and secured it with glue.

Still in the thinking stages:

A pile of driftwood with the basket of net in place on the right hand side. That's pretty much what I have decided on. (The piece of wood in the back of the picture is just to measure the width of what I'm working with.)

The piece of sea glass is something I really want to show because it's something Grahame has discussed with Shirley but we're talking HUGE  so I think I need to have just a tiny corner of it showing through the sand to make it mini.

I have this bag of sand and the incredible bag of tiny shells.

My plan is to mix the sand with glue and cover the floor of the top section with it, then add some seashells on the left hand side, add the seaglass (semi-submerged) then add all the driftwood.

The concern is that the glue might warp the foamcore.

If I can figure this out, it will be finished!


  1. Que bonita la gaviota!!! Tienes muy bonitos materiales,estoy segura que crearás una preciosa ambientación!!

  2. I agree with Pilar: the seagull looks great, the materials you are using look wonderful and the overall ambiance of the finished scene is sure to be beautiful! -Marilyn D., Oromocto, NB

  3. Good luck i hope things work out for the scene