Sunday, February 14, 2016

And even more done....

Well, I got the musical notes glued in.

I have a love/hate relationship with double-sided carpet tape. It's SO sticky (love) but it's SO sticky (hate). You only get one chance to get it right when  you're using it on paper/cardstock.

So I cut a piece of cardstock to fit the back then cut a matching piece from the scrapbooking paper.
First I covered the front of the cardstock entirely with strips of the carpet tape, making sure not to overlap so the protective paper will come off easily. I used a metal edge and utility  knife to cut off any excess.

Starting at the bottom, I pulled off the first strip of protective paper, lined up the scrapbooking paper, attached it then worked my way up one strip of tape at a time until the entire piece of scrapbooking paper was attached.

Then the back of the cardstock was covered with strips of tape. Because this is being attached in such close quarters, I stripped all of the protective covering at once and VERY carefully attached it working from the bottom up. And it worked!

Then the shelves were glued in place and the ships glued to the shelves.
I added a gold beer stein to the shelve with the ship in a bottle.
So far, so good.

Now to make sure all the glue is dried. Tomorrow, I'll tackle the bottom of the upper section that I'll cover with drift wood, etc.


  1. Claro que funcionó y se ven muy bien!!

  2. It's really coming together Maureen. what a wonderful gift it is going to make! - Marilyn D., Oromocto, NB

    1. Thanks so much, Marilyn. It's coming together.