Friday, November 6, 2015

Bowmanville Show

Last week I flew to Toronto where my son, Sean, picked me up and took me to Peterborough where I spent a week with him, my DDIL, Julie, and my two grandchildren, Jonah and Holly. It was a wonderful visit.

Friday night we had dinner with Julie's parents, Lorne and Wava. Great time! Loveliest people!

Hallowe'en night we had a wonderful dinner at a family friend's,  Jill's, then went 'trick or treating' in her neighbourhood.

On Sunday, Julie drove me over to Bowmanville to the Show and Sale. And what an incredibly wonderful time I had visiting with miniature friends!

First off, I saw Liz from Grandpa's Dollhouse! And finally met her DH Wayne who made all the kits for our club project this year! Talked with Janet Harvey  who does incredible furniture, draperies and bedding. Admired Greg Matusovsky's silver work (which seems to get more beautiful and delicate each time I see it.).

Said Hello to Liz West, then had a great visit with Samm Brockhurst, Samm was ill last year so didn't see her then so had a lot of catching up to do. Then saw Kelly Pinheiro and Patricia Stenhouse (friends from Camp Mini Ha Ha) so had to go visit with them and Dale Bylsma.

By then, Julie, Jonah and Holly had arrived so I took them on a quick tour of the show. And Julie won a door prize!

Aren't they wonderful?
Which she immediately gifted to me! She was totally flabbergasted when I told her that each carpet had roughly 6,000 stitches in it!

I felt really badly that I didn't get to do any serious shopping! Too busy visiting with friends. The only things I bought were these Christmas trees for our club Christmas party.

No comments:

Post a Comment