Friday, July 24, 2015

What a great day!

Earlier this week Sunni called and mentioned that our friend and fellow miniaturist, Carol K., lived out this way. It turned out that it was June who lives where Sunni thought Carol lived but that's neither here nor there. In any event, e-mailed Carol last night and we spent the day together.

First had to go to London Drugs so Carol could pick up a new phone. After she got that, we looked around a bit and I spotted this 'bird cages'. We hummed and haaed then Carol decided she would get one,

I decided that I had to say 'no' to it - too many projects already on the go! THEN Carol went through the checkout and it was 40% off the $19.99 price. Well, at that, I just couldn't resist so I went back and picked up the last one. Will make a wonderful gazebo with wicker furniture and all my plants from Connie Stitt. It's already coming together in my head. Can hardly wait to get home and start working on it.
Didn't measure it but I'd say the footprint is roughly 8" x 10". In addition to a small gate, the top is hinged for great access.
Why do I do this to myself?!?

After that we stopped for lunch then went to Carol's. It was my first visit and I was thrilled to see all her projects. She has revamped her basement into a great workroom and showcase for her minis. In addition to her miniatures, she makes dolls, quilts, does mixed media art so it was a real treat to see all her workrooms. Like the idiot that I am, my camera stayed in my bag and I didn't take even one picture so I can't share with you. BAD Maureen.

No comments:

Post a Comment