Thursday, April 30, 2015

My confession....and a change of plan....

In 1995, J. D. Robb (better known at the time as Nora Roberts) began writing her "In Death" series. Since then she has written 41 of the books. While I didn't discover them immediately, I have now read them all. In fact, the bookshelf built into the wall of the Bombay House contains many of the J.D. Robb books in miniature.

A little over a month ago, I decided to read them all from the beginning. Yesterday I finished re-reading the first 33 of the books. It has been incredible to read them in sequence like that and marvel at the character development in the books over the years.

So that is why I haven't been working on minis or writing very much on my blog. I would apologize but it has given me a great deal of pleasure.

That aside, I have decided to put the bathroom/bedroom/sitting room away for awhile and concentrate on the attic.


Sean, Julie and the grands are driving out the end of July so I would like to finish it by then so I can send it home with them with a booklet describing the contents in context of Vern's life to give Jonah and Holly a renewed sense of their grandfather.

(Another thing that was actually a bit of fun.....is that I went through my Adam silverplate cutlery that I bought the extra 7 pieces for in Airdrie....polished the pieces that needed it and offered it to Sean and Julie. So you don't have to count, there are 149 pieces(before cleaning) - and  you could probably set a table for 30 if you were willing to mix up the various pieces.)



So that's the plan....

I know I won't get much done until next week. Have condo business to take care of tomorrow then on Saturday I'm attending a brunch to celebrate the St. Albert Volunteer of the Year. Dear friend Joanne is on the short list of volunteers so her Mom and many of her friends are attending to support her. We're all so proud of her nomination and are looking forward to being with her.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maureen! I too, have decided to re-read books by one particular author from my past, and I know the feeling of getting lost in a good book all over again! 33 books in just over a month, is quite the feat! Good on you!!! :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete