Sunday, December 14, 2014

My latest project

I've put the bathroom/bedroom/sitting room on the back burner for awhile.

BECAUSE I am going to be a great-aunt again!

Nephew David and his SO Laura are expecting a daughter!

I'm SO excited but not, of course, as excited as my DS Marie whose first grandchild this will be.

Years ago, I made a nursery with furniture that our niece, Bea, gave me one Christmas. Am so thrilled that our new addition will be a girl so I won't have to change the colours!

I've added a lot to it over the years but the 'room' itself was made from foamcore and needs to be replaced.


Fortunately, I have a spare roombox to transfer most everything into:


I had forgotten that I had already put molding, baseboards and a wood floor in this room. (It was originally going to be the bedroom that I'm now doing in the three room roombox.)

The car (a Hallmark ornament) will go into Vern's attic (long story to be told later) but I think the rest  of the things will stay in the room.

The walls are white but I thought I might want to pick up some of the pink gingham (lower wall) and a white with spots of pink for the upper wall in the original...which is why I wanted to go to Michael's on Friday with Joanne. Would still like to put a rose carpet on the floor but, let's face it, carpet is not really a good choice in a nursery!?! So maybe I need to go with a brighter pink on the walls and leave the floor alone?

Maybe a stronger pink on the lower half of the wall, stick with the wooden floor? That would make the white furniture pop against the wall...maybe a wooden rocking chair with bright pink cushions?

I'm going to enjoy this!

No comments:

Post a Comment