Tuesday, April 29, 2014

MEE All Day Workshop Saturday April 26

Sorry I didn't get this done sooner. Sunday was sort of a lazy day and today DS Shirley and I did our taxes on the computer then Joanne and I went for dinner then attended "Reel Monday", the St. Albert Public Library fundraiser movie night. Tonight's movie was "August: Osage County:.

Saturday was an all day workshop for members to work on their trailers for the September Show and Sale display "A-Camping MEE will go". Tina MacD. led those members who were interested through building cabinets/kitchens in 1:12 scale.

As with all our workshops, we hope that those members who aren't doing that particular item or scale will still come and take advantage of the camaraderie and learning experience of the day.

Lorry and Sunni were finishing up their small scale trailers (from Betterley plans in, I think, Miniature Collector).

Lorry's

Sunni's (she built an LED light in the ceiling of hers)
I thought I had had more pictures of Tina's (totally kit-bashed) Greenleaf trailer. She has done such an incredible job on this that I kept wishing I had replicated our trailer from the 70s also. But I had decided earlier that I had been there, done that (although from a different angle) and had the pictures to show for it.


 Sunni brought in these two wonderful fun foam pieces she had bought at Michael's that fit with our Camping theme

This is the start of Barb S.'s kitchen base cupboard. The area on the left hand side of the counter will be the stove top.

 This is Sandra's trailer. She has beautiful wood panelled walls and has just started her kitchen counter.
 Carol K. went off on her own and built this wonderful little trailer in 1:12 but more in the size of a Boler trailer. The outside trim will be incredible (saw it) and the bed is SO perfect! I am SO anxious to see the completed trailer as Carol does the most meticulous and innovative work. Plus I know that she has some really WOW! things planned for it!
Trineke does meticulous work and I'm anxious to see how this all comes together!
Lucille was working on another project and one of her completed pieces was a 1:48 pie safe (with the pierced tin). I have enough trouble getting that detail in 1:12...so admire her work in 1:48!

Marg is working on this beautiful Gypsy Wagon. (Love the colours!)
 

This is the lovely 'crazy quilt' she was making on Saturday. The silk pieces were set in place then she used stretched Bunka to outline the pieces. When we spoke, she thought she would use the Bunka to further divide the pieces of silk. A beautiful quilt!

Inger's trailer is coming along well. 


Somehow I didn't get pictures of Joanne's Bookmobile trailer...which is a shame since the outside is papered with shelves of books! When it comes together, it will be great!

All I accomplished during the day was making 11 of my "City of St. Albert" books (gave one to Trineke) to take along on my upcoming trip to Ontario and Nova Scotia.

Former club member, Liliana, came to sell more of her stash due to health/vision problems. It's such a shame as in the past Liliana did the most incredible fine painting of small models. (The Father Christmas in the counter of my Christmas Shop is one of her pieces.)

What incredible bargains! Jam-packed ziploc bags of items for $2 each and some other individual pieces at great prices! I bought three $2 bags, the ship for $1, the flower basket for $3 and four bags of the gold/silver stretchy garland for 50 cents each.
Bought this for $1 for DBIL Grahame. He's a sailor and has a collection of ships!
Paid $3 for this little basket.
Bought 4 bags of these stretchy metallic wire pieces for 50 cents each....great Christmas garlands!
Then on to the contents of my three $2.00 bags: 
this wonderful corner cabinet!

two RL brass Christmas ornaments that I'll give to Jonah and Holly

two decorated plates, plate and pitcher, two vases (actually drawer pulls that need flattening and/or bases, 10 glass plates

cake on stand, gold cup, brass ornament, white sneakers, football, patinated Buddha, (?), scissors, plumbing wrench, clothes hook

(first three) miniature glue gun with coloured glue sticks; perfume vial; onions; cookie sheet with gingerbread cutters; water taps (better than any I have in my stash!)
 This bag contained about a cup of very interesting/varied polymer canes. It will be divided up and passed on .

The perfume vial from one of the bags turned out to be sterling silver! Here it is partially cleaned.
I expect it will go in the Reutter shop front.

Several of us who bought the bags from Liliana knew we would not use some of the pieces so we 'passed them on' at the time or plan to do so later.

I passed these pieces on on Saturday and almost all of them were picked up.

Good day all around!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! All the trailers are going to be amazing when they are done. Please share photos when they are complete. It really is amazing to see people doing what the love and meeting and sharing with other is wonderful. You truly had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Brini I would love to see the completed trailers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to know where to get the plans for building the trailers, those are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll definitely be posting pictures of the trailers after our show and sale in September...and that will be some incredible eye candy. When I return home on May 24, I'll tell you where to find the plans for the small scale trailers. If I forget, as I no doubt will, please remind me. The large 1:12 trailers are from Greenleaf kits although Tina completely bashed hers.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete