Sunday, March 9, 2014

Great idea from Diane!

Diane from Florida commented on my blog the other day so I took a look at her blog. That link takes you to a lovely little project using a Michael's hutch but taking it up several notches.

Many of us have done and/or seen Michael's hutches done to represent the four seasons. But what Diane has done is take one hutch and make changeable 'headboards' across the top to represent the four seasons. Then each 'headboard' can be accompanied by pieces to match that season.

Absolutely love this idea! What a wonderful gift this would be!

If you've been a miniaturist for awhile, you probably have some of these hutches in your stash as I do. They have not been available at Michael's for several years now BUT I have heard on some of my groups that some Michael's in the USA have started carrying them again. So keep checking with your local Michael's and check also with more senior miniaturists in your group (if you're lucky enough to belong to one).

1 comment:

  1. Thank you sooo much for posting about my giveaway on your blog! I have gotten several new followers because of it! I ever I can return the favor, let me know. BTW, my dad had a painted saw at one time, Don't know what happened to it, but what a conversation piece!
    Hugs
    Diane
    http://myminiaturesjournal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete