Tuesday, February 11, 2014

More Christmas shop ideas, Tonight's club workshop

This afternoon I started work on some shopping baskets for the shop but will leave telling you about them until I get a sample finished and can post a tutorial.

One of the things I have planned for the Christmas shop is a plate rail on the upper back wall to hold all my Christmas plates.

The plates on the left are made from pop cap liners. Thought I had posted this tutorial before but can't find it on the blog so if you'd like to see it, let me know and I can add it. The ones on the right are porcelain.

Club member, Barb Striethorst, taught a workshop on bulrushes/cattails, water lilies and dandelions tonight. Barb is an incredible teacher who not only supplies wonderfully complete kits but also writes some of the absolutely BEST instructions I have ever seen!

1:48 scale water lilies

1:48 scale dandelions, 1:12 scale dandelions, 1:12 scale cattails and 1:48 scale cattails


Hard at work...


Jillian (right) with her friend who isn't a miniaturist, per se, but who is into miniature gardening, inspired by Janit Calvo, author of Gardening in Miniature.

On the left is Cheryl H., club member from Nova Scotia and owner of the Yahoo Group Canada Minis.
I didn't take part in the workshop (although I did buy the cattail and dandelion kits). Instead I took the printie for the modern cash register from Small Stuff (formerly Jim Collins') printable site. As you can see, my folds are not as crisp as they should be. I`m going to try to clean that up and make it more realistic looking. One thing I did do was print it on plain paper as well as cardstock and cut a slit where the cash register receipt comes out and insert the plain paper cut out of the receipt in the slit to give it another dimension.

It`s too late and I`m too tired to work on this now but tomorrow I`m going to try a few things to make this look better and more lifelike.

1 comment:

  1. I think you do a good job on it considering it's so small, maybe you can do a tutorial on it when you redo it

    Hugs
    Marisa ;)

    ReplyDelete