Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The AHA! Moment

My dear friend Joanne e-mailed me today writing "but when I was trying to get to sleep one night in the week I resolved a way of doing a vignette that I started many years ago!  So I want to work on it once I've got some things done around here (tree, etc.).  Such a simple solution but it took me this long to work it out!"

You know....

I started with a two story roombox that just ALMOST totally came together in May 2011. Everything worked except the actual bar on the lower floor! It wasn't until August 2012 that MY AHA! moment came and I could finally build the bar that made it all come together.

I really admire miniaturists who work on one project, finish it, then go on to another. I cannot do that. If you've followed my blog for any time at all, you know that. I have roughly ten projects that I'm working on at any time. Do a bit here, do a bit there, on long term projects and eventually one or two will come together.

Or, sometimes, one will explode into being!

As a follower, it will probably drive you nuts!...especially if it's a project that you're particularly interested in. And I post one thing you're interested in and then move on to something totally different. (IF YOU WANT ME TO EXPAND ON/EXPLAIN SOMETHING, PLEASE ASK!)

Before I started blogging about my projects, I'd post completed projects on groups and people would ask "how did you do that so fast?"

And I'd reply, "I had it in my head and collected for a couple years. When it all came together, it just looked to you like I made it in a couple days."

So I'm letting you "inside my head" but it's not a quick process!

I haven't included my photo site for a long time. Hope you'll check it out. One of my greatest AHA! Moments was my Dad' workshop.


No comments:

Post a Comment