Saturday, December 7, 2013

Sharing, PIOC, OFFER

I love the NAME motto: "Only through sharing can we really enjoy our treasures."

That really came home to me today as two readers commented on a much earlier post about using quilling to make miniature bowls.

Dawn told me that there is a dome shaped mold on Amazon that will work for minis bowls. Couldn't find it on Amazon.ca but you can find all kinds of quilling tools, paper and accessories there also. Just search quilling. I found the quilling tool that I use at deSerres in West Edmonton Mall.

I can't find my pictures and/or the instructions for making your own quilling tool (not as good as purchased but good for our purposes) but essentially, you drill a hole in a piece of dowling, insert a heavy sewing/darning needle in it point first, then clip off the top of the eye of the needle. Joy Parker, bless her memory, used to have the instructions on her website.

Sorry, this is the best I can do.
Then Marilyn from New Brunswick commented "check out Kris Compass's blog at http://1inchminisby kris.blogspot.ca She has some great projects including making pottery and bowls from quilling."

What a great suggestion! Kris is one of the best!

PIOC! I'm a member/moderator of the online group Canada Minis. Once a year we have the Pass it on Challenge! Members look through their stashes and offer up extras or things they have decided they won't use and offer them up to other members. Generally, people are given a certain amount of time to enter a draw for the item/s. Because my stash is so large, I don't usually enter many of the draws anymore (the idea is mostly to benefit newbies to the hobby) but I did win two beautiful pieces of  plastic/cuttable mirror this year from Carolyn Brown of Maple Leaf Miniatures.You know may her work from the tea pot that was featured on  a cover of American Miniaturist magazine 



In that vein, I'm offering a copy of my booklet "Trash to Treasure: Kitchen/Pantry". This is a 30 page booklet with 15 pages of kitchen/pantry trash to treasure and an additional 15 pages of tutorials. 

Email me if you'd like to be included in a draw for the booklet. DEADLINE Monday, December 9, at 6:00 p.m. MST.



No comments:

Post a Comment