Monday, October 7, 2013

Bit of a catch up...

Joanne and I represented the Miniature Enthusiasts of Edmonton Club at the Leo Nickerson Elementary School on Friday, September 27. Added another teddy bear at the last minute (lower left hand) to the "Teddy Bears' Picnic" At the end of the day when I took it to the office as a donation to fund-raising, one of the male staff members said, "Oh, my Dad would have loved that. He always used to sing "Teddy Bears' Picnic to us." Sort of a warm fuzzy!


Didn't get a picture of our entire display but did get this one of Joanne making books. She works so well with students and  demonstrated making books from pages ripped from old phone books. 

I made about 30 of the roasting sticks throughout the day. 

There were 61 'artists' demonstrating their work that day! Two of my absolute favourites were there. Maureen Rooney was Nellie McClung and Paul Punyi was Leonardo da Vinci. 

In a miniature vein, there was a plant artist who works in miniature:




I wish I had taken more pictures of all the wonderful artists and their work. Wonderful day! And kudos to Andrea Daly who organizes this project each year!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment