Monday, July 15, 2013

Bulletin Board Storage

The other day, on The Camp, I mentioned my use of bulletin boards for miniature storage http://stalbertmini.blogspot.ca/2013/03/not-totally-wasted-weekend.html

One of the campers asked about fastening the hanger to the bulletin board so I thought I would show a picture here:


Centre a heavy-duty clothes hanger across the top of the bulletin board and drill holes through the bulletin board below the far flat sections of the bottom of the hanger. Cut two lengths of wire and put one through each of the holes in the bulletin  board. Wrap the ends around the bottom of the clothes hanger and twist the ends together securely.

One of my friends used large ceiling tiles instead  of bulletin boards to store many of her lighter items such as printies and small bags of materials/supplies.

3 comments:

  1. The bulletin boards are a great idea as you often forget (well I do) what you have bought. Indypoppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maureen! I have adopted YOUR bulletin board idea once I ran out of storage space for some of the tiny items that wouldn't have a home otherwise. I remembered what you have done and the little pieces are bagged and then tacked to the board so that I can find them when I need them. Like Indy-Poppy has said, I too forget what I have bought and only find it after I have bought another. I haven't tried to hang the board though; no more room in the closet!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've nominated you for the Liebster blog award Maureen! I'm just putting the finishing touches on my blog post announcing that I was nominated for the award and explaining the rules (I need to nominate 5 other bloggers I most admire who have less than 200 followers)
    P.S. I fell in love with your bulletin board storage system the moment I saw it last October. My problem is we live in a 50s townhouse with very small closets. Any suggestions on how to adapt this for an old townhouse. I store the majority of my mini supplies in the basement. Perhaps a clothing rail on wheels? I just don't know where I would get such a thing.

    ReplyDelete