Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Bombay bathroom 1

My original plan was to make a vanity with raised sink:

Although if I had completed it, it would have given  me a lot of counter space, it would take up a lot of room so I've decided to stick with the pedestal sink that came with the tub and toilet.


For the accessories, I have two wonderful Reutter bathroom accessory sets that were retirement gifts.


Won't have counter space for these pieces and wouldn't be using the shaving bowl and brush but the razor will go on the ledge of the bathtub.


I also have the Chrysnbon bathroom accessory kit for the bath brush, toothbrushes, toothbrush holder, and glass holder.

My friend Sue in Calgary gave me the Daisy House kit for a 'wicker' laundry hamper. (It's simply a box covered with needlework canvas.) I trimmed the top with braided red thread for a punch of colour.


Baby washcloths from Dollarama are good for making towels but they only come in white and pastel colours so I'm experimenting a bit to get some red towels. I 'dyed' a section of a white washcloth with a permanent red marker and hopefully this will give me a couple red towels and washcloths.

All this and a bathroom scale and I think I'm ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment