Saturday, October 8, 2011

Mommy/Daughter day

Leanne and I finally got to spend the day together. Our first stop was at the new Crate and Barrel store at Southgate (opened yesterday). Didn't buy anything but sure enjoyed looking at all the beautiful stock...and quite reasonable prices too.

Stopped at the Dollarama there hoping to find some of the 1:12 furniture but they didn't have any.

Then we headed over to Hobby Wholesale where I picked up some brass tubing (with an eye to making some light fixtures one of these days) and a couple new blades for my mitre box saw.


Next stop was Bedrock Supply, 9535 - 63 Avenue, where I picked up some beads and jewellery findings. Tina M. had told us about this shop about a year ago but it was my first visit. Great place! They didn't have all that I was looking for but did have an incredible selection of beads and other things. A real joy to spend time there.

Bindels Ornaments in the Netherlands has some great tutorials for lighting (and other things). You can also order kits from them.

We stopped at Michael's where I showed great restraint! Only bought the little package below. I can see some great necklaces and earrings coming up.

We picked up some groceries, went for a wonderful dinner at Buffet Royale (incredible prime rib AND a chocolate fountain) then called it a day.

Now I'm off to bed to watch the last Harry Potter movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment