Thursday, August 4, 2011

Bar stools 2

I think I want to put plain wood barrel backs on the stools. I have a package of single ply maple business cards from Lee Valley that should work for this.

These two paint bottles are the same size as the stool seats. They've been taped together to make a form for the seat backs.
I put one of the business cards in a pan of water and boiled it for about 10 minutes, formed it around the paint bottles and wrapped it in place with some stretch and hold bandage. Probably could have taped it but I want to stain the wood later and didn't want to have to deal with any residual adhesive from tape.
It has dried overnight and is ready to be stained and cut.
I Googled and found a picture that gives me the general shape I want but I'm not quite ready to tackle that yet.

The remaining two stools have been stained.
Still have to cover the seats then tackle the backs...maybe later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment