Saturday, June 18, 2011

Closet construction

Here I've drilled the holes for the closet rod.

 The shelf in place in the left closet:
 The closet rod glued on the left and dry-fitted to the upright.

Whew! Caught myself in time…..

I was all set to glue in the upright divider when I realized that if I’m going to do the sliding doors, I have to install them before that upright goes in. BIG disaster averted. Although who knows, this attempt at sliding doors could become a disaster in itself. LOL

Now I have another problem….the closet doors are 8” tall and my mirror pieces are only 6”. I have enough mirror to piece it together to make 8” but what can I do to make the seam work? Off to Google!

Here’s one possible solution. And I have enough detailing tape to do it.

This is another one and it might be a possibility if there weren’t such a discrepancy in lengths. Maybe if it were only a half or even a full inch but two inches – don’t think it would work.

I did see one other possible solution where a piece of black/smoked mirror with gold veining was inserted in the door mirror panel. Even thought I had some but if I do I can’t find it now. 

Finally found it!

But all this is going to have to wait for another day. All this was prepared this morning. Since then.....

DH Vern has not been well for the past three weeks and this morning he was in really bad shape so called an ambulance and spend the last 8 hours with him in emergency. Looks like he'll be in the hospital for awhile so don't think I'll be getting much mini-ing done. He's where he needs to be right now and hopefully they'll soon be able to figure out exactly what's  wrong with him and get him on the road to recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment