Monday, May 10, 2021

The "She-Shed"...What a waste of time!

I had some sheets of foamcore that I glued together to start working on this but they were ones I had used for displays at our Miniature Show and Sale so they wouldn't have worked well. So Leanne (bless her heart) got me 8 new sheets, among other things, at Dollarama  for Mother's Day.

Saturday, I spent some time working out a plan on graph paper and managed to get everything but a roof (including a removeable front) out of one sheet.

After Leanne dropped off the foamcore yesterday, I remembered that I had a can of Krylon spray adhesive in my stash.and thought, "oh, that'll be perfect to laminate the two sheets of foamcore". 

Well, it would have been if the nozzle hadn't been plugged! So, off to the internet to find out how to unplug it.

First try: soaked it in rubbing alcohol since that was suggested on the can label. No.

Second try: soaked it in hot water and dish soap. No.

Third try: substituted the plugged nozzle for the nozzle on WD-40. No.

Fourth try: soaked the nozzle in acetone nail polish remover. Didn't work on the adhesive can.

Fifth try: tried the nozzle on the WD-40. That did work.

Since the nozzle didn't work on the adhesive can, thought I'd try the WD-40 nozzle on the adhesive can.

That didn't work either so I have to assume that the problem is with the adhesive can itself. So a day and a half later, gave up on the idea of using spray adhesive.

So now  I have glued two sheets of foamcore together, weighted them down with four books I have for just that purpose.

Just waiting to make sure the glue is dry then I'll start cutting out the pattern.

6 comments:

  1. Lástima que después de tanto esfuerzo hayas tenido que desistir con el bote. ¡Pero finalmente lo has conseguido!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Es frustrante cuando tantas cosas no funcionan como esperabas.

      Delete
  2. Oh it's so frustrating to have a newish/full can of something and not be able to get it out! But I'm glad you found a back up solution, and hooray for Mother's Day gifts that are craft and hobby supplies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On one hand, the internet is great because you can find all kinds of solutions. On the other hand, if they don't work, you can waste a lot of time trying them all. Leanne is great for indulging my hobby.

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to watching your progress, Maureen. Big hugs. - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So am I, Marilyn (lol). My get up and go got up and went - again! Just can't seem to get back at it.
    Glad to see you're on the mend.Big hugs, Maureen

    ReplyDelete