She doesn't do minis but she does do pysanka so she finished these in the past few months. The pictures simply do not do them justice. The largest eggs are ostrich and the next smaller are emu. Truly works of art.
So while everyone else seems to be accomplishing great things, I managed to make one pair of slippers.
Barb S. taught a great workshop on Zoom last Tuesday. After missing a couple meetings because I couldn't get into Zoom on either tablet, finally got into this one using my phone.
Our kits included material for two pair of slippers so you could say this is my practice run.
|Here I've cut out the heels and uppers from microsuede.|
|The sole pattern, ribbon, and fun foam|
|The sole pattern is glued to the ribbon then cut out.|
|The cut out pieces are then glued to the foam and those are cut out|
|The heel pieces are then glued to the soles.|
I was sure I had taken a picture when I was adding the uppers but guess I didn't. It's a bit tricky and fiddly but I found that adding one side at a time and letting the glue dry before doing the other side worked for me.
|The one on the right is a bit lopsided but all in all I'm happy with how they turned out.|