Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Uh-oh...not as well organized as I thought Also can someone help me?

Went looking for a few things tonight and simply could not find them.

Needing a binder clip to save the business cards on my desk, I looked on the pegboard where they have been kept, sorted by size, in ziploc bags since we moved here in 2003. Not there! Finally found them in a plastic box on a shelf.


Guess they got moved during the last reorganization/cleanup.

Then I decide to find a floral arrangement for the MHV project. Those are in with the Secret Garden project so I look on the bottom shelves of my 8' shelving unit that my Dad had made. Looked through every box there (found some kits I had forgotten about) but, again, nothing.

Aha! Remembered I had put all the Secret  Garden boxes (all 3 of them) on the top shelf of one of the closets.

In my searches, I also discovered one 4 drawer plastic unit where I had moved all my Christmas trees, gifts, etc., for Christmas scenes.

So much for reoganizing.

Wish it could all be blamed on that though. Yesterday, I cleaned off the coffee table in the living room and put everything mini-related in my workroom including my Krylon gold leafing pen . Looked for it tonight so I could trim the cups, saucers and plates for the MHV project and can't find it anywhere.

I'm frustrated.

Well, I'm sitting on the couch just before bedtime and thinking, where could it be? I keep a mug on the coffee table filled with pens, pencils, X-Acto knives and nail files - just the usual.
Take a look and, sonofagun, there is my Krylon gold leafing pen.

HELP

Until about two months ago,, when someone posted a comment on the blog, I would get an email showing the comment so I could reply. That isn't happening anymore. Does anyone know how I can fix it so I get comments by email again?
Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. Maureen: I feel your pain! My craft room is like a never-ending treasure hunt with no map to start with. However, I have recently made great headway to organizing so hopefully things are looking up for me! As for your notifications, go to your dashboard on blogger.com and click on "settings" in the left-hand side column. Under settings, choose "email". then check to see if your email address is in the box for "Comment notification email". If not, add your address and you should receive notification when a comment is made. If it's already in that box, try removing it and re-adding it. If that doesn't work - - beats the heck outta me!! Good luck. - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what's going on with the comments. I tend to screen mine before they appear so I get the email notifications on them. Maybe make sure your email didn't get deleted from your settings page? Google is so weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogger is unreliable when it comes to getting notified, leaving comments be on your own blog or someone else's- wish I knew why. :/

    ReplyDelete