Sunday, May 10, 2020

Almost finished!

I've been trying to get the room finished that I will be donating to Mission Hill Village, the building next door where Mom lived. The Social committee there will do what they choose with it....but I expect that it will be one of the raffle prizes at their annual bazaar.

You saw the picture I framed the other day...I really liked it but it turned out to be WAY too big for this room.

So I had to rethink it....

This is a part of the front of a card that my DS Carol sent me Christmas before last. I saved it because I knew the gold frame would work somewhere.


And so it did..as a frame for a picture of a garden I found on the internet!

The biggest problem I had was the back wall. It was mirrored so I had cut a piece of matboard to fit it then wallpapered that with a piece from my stash. At first, it looked great....then it just warped...and curled..and was a general mess.

But I had glued/used double-sided carpet tape SO much that I couldn't remove it to start over...
SO had to approach it from a different angle!

I took a 12" strip of cove molding, stained it, and glued it, and held it in place. Then I took a piece of 12" strip of baseboard, stained it and held it in place also. That worked..

 Then I put my Miniature Movable Glue on all the pieces of furniture, rug and painting.

So here it is...
 Left side...
 Right side...
 Left corner....

The antimacassars (doilies) on the couch and chairs are by Rosalle Pinske.

Once I add a teapot and teacups and some flowers to the coffee table, this will be finished.



3 comments: