Monday, April 20, 2020

ZOOM

As a club, we are totally blessed by many computer-savvy members.

They have been able to keep the club and workshops going through these trying times.

As for me, I've had some really difficult and weird things happen as I have tried to work with ZOOM.

First, tried to use my computer! Connected but no picture. My camera was SO old that it wouldn't work. And the driver would only work with Windows 2007.

So then, tried to use my tablet. Connected with that just fine. But no front-facing camera!

BUT, knew my old tablet had a front-facing camera BUT it would take me forever to recharge it!

DD Leanne said I could use my phone but I said I didn't have email on it but she told me I could connect through webmail...which I did.

Anyway....

Whatever my troubles, at least of half of the Miniature Enthusiasts of Edmonton have been able to connect through ZOOM and we are blessed with that!

Tuesday night, Tina will be teaching a workshop on ZOOM. It is a lovely jewellery box. She will tape the session and then put it on youtube so those who can't follow it on ZOOM can get it there.

What a blessing to have Tina not only teach us through ZOOM and Youtube but that she designed this in the first place.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your frustrations Maureen. I had to have my daughter come over and set up ZOOM for me because I couldn't seem to do what needed doing no matter how many times I was given verbal instructions over the phone.
    The jewelry box tutorial sounds lovely and how great is that for you to be able to still meet with your Club via Zoom and take a workshop all together-
    Oh the wonders of 21st century technology! :)

    ReplyDelete