Friday, April 24, 2020

Length of M.E.E. membership

We're adding a new column to our M.E.E. membership - the year each member joined the club.

In the summer of 2002, I had just finished making Mom's memory box for her 79th birthday.

Over time, I had noticed Joanne's posts on Small Stuff and at this time, she had posted that she had checked WalMart in St. Albert for the carved toothpicks that were in great demand at the time and they didn't have them. So I dropped her a quick e-mail thanking her for saving me a trip to check it out for myself.

We spoke on the phone and it turned out she lived only a few blocks from me. She came over, we connected and shortly after that, she invited me to join her at M.E.E.'s summer get-together which was held that year at Judy Mitchell's.

In September, I joined the club, attended my first Gathering (Edmonton's last) in 2003 and went with several others to the Winnipeg Gathering in 2004.

Lot of good memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment