Thursday, April 2, 2020

Harry Chapin - WAY off topic

DS Marie always thanks me for introducing her to poetry and we've enjoyed that throughout the years but...

Marie introduced me to Harry Chapin's music about 40 years ago....and I fell in love.

While I loved Taxi, W.O.L.D., and all the others, my favourite has always been Mr. Tanner.

So when I got this email from Marie the other day:

Remember the song Mr. Tanner by Harry Chapin.  Well, it was based on an actual review that he read about a singer from Dayton, Ohio named Martin Tubridy.  If you go on youtube and type his name in it will bring you to a concert that the surviving Chapin band was putting on and he sang the Big John Wallace part of the song. 

I did Google it and you can hear it here.

If you're a fan, I hope you'll enjoy it. If you have never heard Harry sing it, you can hear it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment