Monday, March 2, 2020

People are kind!

During the afternoon of Mini Day Out, I had a call from DS Shirley who had fallen while she was walking her dog, Wylie. It was bad. Here's her story:

"It's snowing like hell here but I thought I'd take Wylie for his walk anyway . . first mistake! That bloody snow hides the ice and I went down so hard, a young fellow walking his dog across the street heard my head hit the ice. The kind soul walked me home - the blow to my head has given me a big goose egg on the back of my head and hurts so much I barely notice the lump and bruise on my arm! 😂Maureen is calling to check on me and I am feeling somewhat better now. What is so amazing though, someone just rang the doorbell and it was the young fellow that helped me. He was just checking to see I was okay and was on his way to work with cupcakes and brought me one. Now if that isn't the most thoughtful and kind person!"

2 comments: