Sunday, March 1, 2020

Mini Day Out, Saturday, February 27

A quick note: The previous post was written Friday night but there was a problem saving and publishing it. Fortunately, I saw there was a glitch and saved it to a Word document (just in case). But I didn't around to re-writing it until Sunday afternoon.

After days of lovely weather. Saturday dawned with snow and strong winds which unfortunately affected attendance at Mini Day Out.

Nonetheless there were about a dozen of us throughout the day. We had a special treat because Judy Mitchell (Wee Dreams and Cobwebs) and Rosalle Pinske (Needleart Treasures) came with their miniature wares so we got to do some shopping!! Always fun.

BUT didn't take even one picture although I had charged the battery and taken my camera. Pat M. had brought her finished 1:48 cabin in the woods and Barbara W. brought a great scene in a book that she was making more books for.

In any event it was a great day  and we had a lot of fun visiting and sharing tips, etc.

I was gifted with some lovely things.

Barbara W. gave me all these great pens! Lots of gold pens and a white gel pen.

Trineke gave me this lovely folder of valentine cards.
The cards are loose behind the band on the right so they can be removed (bonus).

Judy gave me these great cozy  slippers and a framed picture.

Tina, Fay, Joanne and I are going to the Ontario Miniature Gathering the end of April. (Booked my flight today.) I have an idea for my table gifts but just in case I don't get those done, I bought these from Judy M. I can always use the flowers elsewhere if I don't use them as my gifts.

Unfortunately, I could only get 6 the same but the 7th is close enough.

My major table gift if I don't come up with something else.

Picked up the vanity tray and the nail polish display for my stash.

I've used up all my doilies and afghans in my stash so bought these from Rosalle to have on hand.




2 comments: