Thursday, March 5, 2020

Got a few things finished for the attic

After I finished cleaning the workroom, I actually cleaned the rest of the apartment. So I've been trying to keep everything at least presentable since then...and managing pretty well.

But today I knew that the work table had to be cleaned and everything put away before I could do any work.

How on earth did this get so bad so quickly?

The Inuit art was printed on photo paper and "framed" with very thin fingernail art tape. The 1978 map of Disneyland is from our first trip there and is printed on regular paper. Vern's Master Electrician tape was printed on photo paper, framed in MS Word and trimmed. Then the black "frame" was accented with clear dimensional medium. There is a pair of Jillian's glasses done up as sunglasses (Vern was always forgetting his sunglasses). And his softball plaque.

(If you want to give the illusion of a picture under glass, try printing it on photo paper. Much simpler than adding a piece of plastic to it.)

Glasses were trimmed with black marker and the lenses coloured with a grey alcohol-based ink pen.

 Still have to shape my Corelle dishes. A dime is too small and a penny is too big but the end of this marker is just about right. So will get those done soon.

What I really should have is a circle template such as this one as Pat suggested.

I glued two of the 29 crib boards to a scrap of 1/16" basswood.

 Got one roughly cut out. Will use my needle files to trim it down to size later.

So this is what my worktable looks like now.

Have to finish those two pieces.

At our Tuesday meeting, I got three pieces of strip wood from Pat M.


Here you can see the shapes:

I think I might try to turn these into fancy picture frames by gluing lace to the flat portion then using my Krylon gold leafing pen to colour the lace and that wood then maybe staining the outer edge. 

Just a thought....

1 comment:

  1. Maureen: I have been away for a little while on a trip to Ireland so have just returned to spend such an enjoyable hour reading through your recent postings. What a wonderful view of all of the thoughtful and generous gifts you have made over time. It is, truly, a memorable journey. Thank you for sharing. - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete