Monday, March 2, 2020

Gifts of Roomboxes and Vignettes Part 3

Mission Hill Village

This is the condo next door where my mother lived until her death last year.

Diane H. is the manager of the building. Q wonderful person who is precious to all of us. We gave her this in thanks.

Anne is the incredible woman who runs a catering service out of MHV. She supplied many of Mom's meals during the last years of her life. We became very fond of her over the years. I made a nursery for her first grandchild. Later we gave her a kitchen. We gave it to her when Mom was still able to be part of the presentation but borrowed it back for the Show and Sale in 2019 when it won for Roombox. At the Show and Sale I bought a range hood to finish it.

Our dear friend and housekeeper at MHV, Mirabel, admired these roomboxes and wanted one of her own so we gave her this one.

For many years, Mom's across-the-hall neighbour was Edith, a wonderful woman who was very religious. For her thoughtful care of Mom, we gave her this.

Mission Hill Grande

After I retired in 2007, I made more things for the people in our building.

I gave my Room-by-room boxes to Marg for her granddaughter and gave a box of furniture and accessories to Mary Anne for her granddaughter.

For Leslie:

For Joan: Christmas roombox (Sorry, no picture)

Pamela: Baking scene, Sewing scene

Thin it was Avis, but not too sure who:Christmas vignette

Potluck Dinner: Each year at our potluck dinner Christmas dinner, I donate a roombox/vignette as a door prize. Didn't record the one for 2019 but here are the links to the previous ones:. 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014.

Fellow Board member, Val, asked me to make a  vignette for her friend who loves all things Christmas.

Mom: After Mom had her stroke, she couldn't/wouldn't have flowers in her room so I gave her miniature flowers/plants. And when she went into rehab, I gave her a countdown calendar (like an Advent calendar) to the day she would leave. After she came home, I gave her more flowers and plants on occasion. There were probably over 100 flowers and plants when she died. I've put them away and hope to make a secret garden and include them in it in her memory.

Mom returned the Happy Birthday vignette I gave her years ago so I still have that.

Leanne: Made her a small "Years of my Life" vignette when she was in her 20s. Have it here and it needs to be updated/enlarged.

The Greenleaf "Arthur" that was my first dollhouse has seen many incarnations since it was first built. (And how primitive that was!). It sat in our family room for years. I had a cat that lived in it and Sean's friends would move it around and dare me to find it. Then it lived at W. D. Cuts School for a few years in the French language classroom where its contents had translations. When it was returned, two of the students (bless their hearts) had repaired the shingles on the roof.

Years later, I turned it into a Christmas house, complete with the Hallmark fridge and stove. I even put a running train around the Christmas tree! (Leanne had always wanted that!)

Long story short, Leanne had it then returned it to me.So now it is sitting on my dining room table and she says she will pick it up next week.

I love doing miniatures and I guess that I'm really glad that I have had this opportunity to share them.

This started as sort of "count down" (and it worked out to more than 50 in case you're curious) but that was never the point.

I don't know if this makes sense but I am so blessed to have made these things to give pleasure to my friends and family. 

And, Oh my goodness, the memories these posts have brought me - priceless!


No comments:

Post a Comment