Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Tuesday night...

Normally, we would have a M.E.E. workshop tonight (and it was to be a jewellery box designed by Tina. BUT this morning we had a cold weather advisory and had to cancel. (Our club by-laws require that meetings be cancelled if the temperature (with windchill) is below -25C). The advisory was lifted later in the day but by then we had already sent out the cancellation notice.

In any event, I went to craft night in the building instead. Last night I came across a hanging that Vern had been given to recognize his contributions to St. Albert Softball. Before I give it to Leanne, I thought I should do in in miniature for Vern's attic for the grandchildren. (Then I thought of another list of things that should go into the attic but that's a story for another day.)

So I put it on the scanner and came up with this:

Shoot! The file of the picture of the actual thing was too large and wouldn't upload....

Anyway, I uploaded the miniature to a 2" x 4" label:


I cut out the centre and attached it to a piece of very thin brass from my stash. 


I cut a piece of basswood 1 1/4" x 7/8". filed the edges round with an emery board and stained it. Then I glued the picture of the words on the wood using Gorilla gel glue. Then I took a stylus and marked the indentations around the borders of the wood.
Not great...but

No comments:

Post a Comment