Sunday, February 16, 2020

New additions to my stash...

Art Gallery (or I guess I should say, galleries)

This brochure from the Visual Arts Studio Asssociation (St. Albert) has some great pictures for future Art Galleries.


Joanne and I visited the St. Albert Museum and the Art Gallery of St. Albert. The picture on the left is a fridge magnet and the four pictures on the right are ones from the brochure highlighting both the museum and the art gallery.

My dear friend, Cheryl H. from Nova Scotia, finally got together the other night and she gave me this wonderful Hallmark ornament that will be perfect for the three room roombox!

These great modern magazines were a gift from Christine Verstraete 



 My DS Marie gave me some Christmas gifts to add to my stash!

This was a collection of sheer curtain samples:


There are 38 white pieces

and 30 various colours.

Each piece is 21" long and 6 1/4" wide. So lots of possibilities. Unfortunately they are all 100% polyester and will not be easy to deal with.

But I will try...

Thanks to the Pretty Pleater that I borrowed from Joanne, I will give it a try. Found this tutorial on youtube

.

DS Marie, bless her heart, also gave me these "kerosene lamps". They are hollow inside so I think I can put an LED light up inside them.

Only one has a flat bottom so it can stand on its own but that's something that can be dealt with.

6 comments:

  1. What lovely little finds and gifts!
    The'lamp' beads have many possibilities. I have an attachminet for my Dremel which I can use to grind and cut glass. It works like magic. One can also sand the glass with wet sandpaper, just be careful that it doesn't get hot and crack. But with the addition of a base and some glue, you could probably straighten them out without the need for grinding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Megan, for your tips about straightening the lamp pieces. Really appreciate them and will keep them in mind when/if I finally get around to doing something with them.
      Maureen

      Delete
  2. What wonderful friends & family to have provided such beautiful gifts. Aren't we so lucky in our choice of hobbies that so many people keep their eyes out for these extra little touches on our behalf? We gotta love it! - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Marilyn, I am so blessed to have family and friends who think of me when they find things that they think I can use.
      Hugs, Maureen

      Delete
  3. So much Fun getting to play and be inventive with new stuff! and each of them holds new worlds of possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right! Love getting these very thoughtful gifts and figuring out what can be done with them. And having friends and family who always come up with such wonderful things.
      Hugs, Maureen

      Delete