Wednesday, January 29, 2020

FINALLY - something mini

Last night, I took one of Tina's kits to Stitch and Bitch and started work on it. Didn't get very far but I did get back to it this afternoon and make some progress.

I bought two of these kits from Tina and will be building one as shown later but for now I'm bashing it into a desk for my black and white living room.


I had already stained all the pieces black with a black marker. The laser cut edges have not yet been stained. Here both end units have been attached to the back.

The drawer bottoms:

The fronts and sides of the six drawers:

The drawers ready to be glued together:

The first drawer completed.

Waiting for the glue to dry on two more drawers.

And the drawers in place on the left side. You can see where I've coloured the laser-cut edges.

Will get the remaining three drawers put together, then add the trim along the bottoms of those two units.

After that I have to cut a new top for the desk.

Should finish it tomorrow.

Feels good to be mini-ing again!

No comments:

Post a Comment