Friday, January 31, 2020

Desk is coming along

I cut a desk top from some scrap in my wood drawer.


and glued it to the top of the desk.

I added a shelf in the middle between the two pedestals and, after some trimming of the drawer fronts, glued the two small drawers together to make one long drawer.

Still haven't decided on the hardware for the drawers. There were silver pulls with the kit but if I do put pulls/handles on, think I'll use brass ones from my stash. I do like the clean lines without any hardware.

The other decision is whether to use a gloss or matte varnish. 

For now, I'm declaring it finished and putting it with the rest of the furniture for the black and white living room.

4 comments:

  1. This classic desk will fit in just about anywhere but your black and white living room project sounds quite intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. It is classic but it is a bit big. I'm at that place where I have (at least) three projects that I SHOULD be working on - and get actually finished = but have hesitated to show the black and white for fear it will take over ....and possibly become another UFO.
      Need to work on the UFOs. Need to work on the UFOs.

      Delete