Tuesday, January 21, 2020

28 years of M.E.E., One more down...

Tuesday was the 28th anniversary of the Miniature Enthusiasts of Edmonton Club which we celebrated at our meeting. The temperature was hovering just above 0 degrees Centigrade which was a far cry from the -35 C the night of the original meeting. Vehicles were left running during the founding meeting due to the cold. I think (but not sure) that there are still two of the original members with the club.

There were some great 'Show and Tell' items tonight but some of the most impressive were the pieces made by a very early (if not original) club member, Carol K., on her Cricut Maker. Her items certainly emphasized how much things have changed since the early days when so much of what we did was trash to treasure.

........

All but one small utility knife and one wooden box from my FREE box was taken so that was great.

In my last post, my next project was to put away/destroy all the papers in the box.

Tuesday afternoon, I got almost everything shredded and was left with maybe 1 1/2 inches of paper to put away. When I returned from the M.E.E. meeting, I tackled that and here it is............



I am SO excited to have gotten this far.

Still have three boxes of minis to sort and put away but there is a light at the end of the tunnel (and it's not the train headlight coming toward me).

It will still take awhile but when it's finished, I can start working on/finishing SO many projects.




2 comments:

  1. Wow! I really feel like I need to organize my space when I see yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheila. This has really re-energized me and I'm looking forward to working on some projects next week.

      Delete