Friday, November 15, 2019

A great two days!

Yesterday, Joanne and I were discussing some miniatures she was working on and she mentioned that she had tried to stencil a design on some pieces. That hadn't worked so I suggested that I probably had some decals in my stash of nail art that would work .

So I dug them all out, she came over and we found the perfect pieces.



While she was here, we took a look at some of the things I had been pondering with a view to finishing.

One was this box that I wanted to do as a door prize for our building's potluck Christmas dinner.

I remembered this great little settee that I picked up awhile back. It's a beautiful piece and perfect for this room as I don't have any matching pieces.

Then I added this little agate table that I had originally made for Mirabel's roombox.

Then we needed something to go on the left wall. Tried this little unfinished Dollarama table. But wasn't thrilled with it.

Tried this carving in the corner. NO.

Vase didn't work either.

Birdcage was dainty enough but too big.

NO!

The trunk wasn't bad but a big chunky compared to the settee.

Too big and too black!

Finally decided on this unfinished Dollarama table. Now we had to find something to put on it.

Too big!

Lovely Christmas cactus but, again, too big.

Love this one but it just blends in with the wallpaper.

Again, too big, and a bit pale.

Too small and too bright.

No. A bit overpowering and, anyway, I think I know where I will be using it.

Think I'll use the magazine rack from DS Carol here.

Finally decided on books on the side table and a readable book on  the agate table.


Used a Dollarama stain pen to stain the side table.

Then added this gold filigree runner to the table top.

Found this in my stash (a gift from Joanne years ago).

Cut it in half and bent each piece at right angles to make bookends.

Clamped a stack of faux books together and coated the bottoms with Movable Glue.

Then I glued a leaf bookmark to each side of the books.
 and placed them on the table.

Added a readable book to the agate table and added the corgi.

And a dish of licorice allsorts to the side table. Just need a pair of glasses beside the book.

And it's finished (except for the glasses that I still have to find)!


We also came up with some great ideas for another project so hope to get that one done soon.


2 comments: