Wednesday, October 2, 2019

M.E.E. meeting

Oh, my, where has the year gone? Yesterday was October 1 and our 2nd meeting of the new M.E.E. year. We're already discussing the Christmas party!?!

Much of the meeting was a review of the Show and Sale. It was a great success and we were all very pleased with the day. We have already booked the hotel for next year. As always, the 3rd Sunday in September which will be September 20, 2020. Our club project for the year is a bedroom. Our first workshop (in September) was the nightstand designed and taught by Jillian. The next work will be a vanity designed and taught by Tina (October 15). It is absolutely gorgeous and matches the nightstand that Jillian taught. (Sorry I didn't take a picture of it.)

A highlight of the evening was the final Estate sale. You may remember that we had the original Estate sale in my building over the summer and then we continued it at the Show and Sale. The remaining items were sold at the club at 1/2 price on Tuesday night.

I picked up a few things.

Another small package of brass. Hope I now have enough to FINALLY make the piece of art from the hotel.

Another roombox! (Sorry was too lazy to tape over the mirror to take the picture.) For $20, just couldn't resist.

Victorian really isn't my thing but got the entire set of furniture for $7.50 so I will use it for one of my little gift roomboxes that I give away, either at Christmas or to the Mission Hill Village bazaar.

Not an artisan piece but nicely done. I swore I wouldn't buy any more flowers but....

This was one of my BARGAINS! Only $1.50 for a piece of carpet that's 15 1/2" x 56". Can always use neutral carpet.
AND I won a door prize!

All in all a great evening.

1 comment: