Sunday, July 21, 2019

The SALE!!!

As you can see, I finally found my camera battery charger! (It was in the bottom of the suitcase I took to Saskatoon - black charger in a suitcase with a black lining.)

The sale was a great success! We sold probably about 75% - 80% of the items and what is left will be sold at our Show and Sale on September 15. Met some new miniaturists, some of whom have shown an interest in joining the club.

There was a beautiful canopied crib with three other pieces of furniture and hundreds of pieces to complete a nursery but as tempted as I was, managed to resist as I can't foresee needing to make another nursery anytime in the near future. But for about $45 could have had a complete nursery! Those things will be available in September!

So I really tried to stick to buying things that I actually can foresee using in the near future. I did get another roombox of the style I'm using for Mirabel's roombox. It doesn't have the plexiglass but I have some that I can use. Those roomboxes are a really good size and they're shallow enough to fit on a bookshelf.

Anyway, here's what I did buy.

Suddenly I'm just about out of end and coffee tables so picked these up.

Bought the desk for the books then discovered they seem to be molded directly onto the shelves. But that's okay.
The cabinet on the right will go into Mirabel's roombox - it's better than the unit I had thought to put in it.

Can always use side and rocking chairs in my little gift vignettes. and I was out of dining tables and chairs.

Now these I didn't need but they're so nice and were so reasonable that I couldn't resist.

I'm a bit low on smaller fireplaces - and this one is wired! - and comes with logs.

When I started Mirabel's roombox, I realized the white couch was the last in my stash. (Oh, Horror!)

So I bought these pieces. Originally I thought I might make leather couches and chairs out of the two sets but the tiny patterns are growing on me.

This is such a dainty little settee.


Can't remember if I mentioned that I hope to take all the flowers (miniature, of course) that I gave Mom over the years since her stroke and make a garden with them. It's still in  the early planning stages but I got the arbor with bench for $2.50 and the five planters of flowers for 25 cents so I'll see if they will work.


I needed cutlery and wine glasses for Mirabel's table so was glad to find these.

These won't work for the table but they'll work as individual glasses in vignettes.

Two lovely plate stands that will work in a china cabinet.
 Now this I definitely did not need! I have enough art for several more art galleries! But the pictures are lovely and it was only $1.

A bit of extravagance that I probably could have done without BUT...It's a fan with directed air flow which can be used to dust my miniatures!

Judy S. was kind enough to bring me these Chrysnbon wine glasses for Mirabel's table. Thank you, Judy.

Now to put everything away then get to work on Mirabel's roombox.

1 comment: