Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Started setting the table


I started by tacking the table runner (a piece of ribbon) to the table with a bit of Tacky glue then covered it with Saran wrap then weighing it down with a book to keep it in place and flat while the glue dried.

The dishes are Chrysnbon and were painted by Karen Jones.I made the peas, potatoes and jellied salad. The ham was made by Myrt Smeaton of B.C. who used to do our show and sale and made the loveliest food.

I have the salad bowls but have only put one on so far on the plate on the right. Haven't decided to use them or not.

I'm short some pieces of cutlery so will have to find some more and add them later. Also need to add the serving spoons and some glassware.

Think I'll tackle the dining room cabinet next. Have to decide what will go in it.

4 comments:

  1. You could always stack the bread plate under the salad bowl? It's a more modern look though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea, Sheila. I like modern! I guess I was thinking about the size of the bowls and that they would cover the bread plate. Have to think about it.

      Delete
  2. Your china is Beautiful and your foods look Yummy!
    I grew up eating jellied salads of all kinds as both my mother and then my mother in law made them often!
    Sadly my kids aren't fond of them at all, but I do; not only for their flavour but for the fond memories they bring of tupperware parties and church socials.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. I love the china by Karen.
      We're so lucky to have all those great memories of jellied salads....or more, I guess, of the memories associated with them.

      Delete