Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Some Tuesday night catch-up

Sheila, I'm glad you liked the coffee table. I love the cuts of agate to make tables. That one is 2 1/2" at its widest. That one, the gold one and another in my stash were given to me by my daughter who picked them up in Jasper, Alberta.

The two large ones in this picture (5 3/8" wide on the right) were from the Bay of Fundy gift shop in Nova Scotia. They will make dining room tables at some point. I remember when Cheryl H. and I spotted them in the shop. We were discussing them (and their size) and saying what wonderful and unique dining room tables they would make.

When we went to pay for them, we explained what we would be using them for and the clerk sort of shook her head and (having overheard our discussion) said she had wondered what the heck we were talking about.

These trees/bushes were from Tina's son's stash. I hope to use them in Mom's garden. They were meant to be 1:48 scale but will certainly work in 1:12.
5 3/4" tall

4 1/2" tall
 Tina gave us some of her pottery discards. (I should do so well!) These are pieces when the glazes didn't work out the way she had hoped/expected. But the shapes are great and the finishes are interesting.

Long story but these are great files that Tina gave us. The top is a regular and the bottom is a diamond file that will work on plastic, etc. (Actually used that one to shape the candles so they would fit in the candleholders for Mirabel.)

So many wonderful things!

2 comments:

  1. Oh those dining room tables will be gorgeous. I'd want everything in something pale and neutral so the colors could just pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They wiĺl but I hàve to admit it will be a long time before I get around to them.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete