Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Bit of a catch-up

The last couple weeks have been pretty busy around here. I had some furniture from Mom, and two lovely pieces of furniture from the Put and Take so I had to get rid of some of the old to make room for the new. I'm also trying to downsize a bit so I cleaned out one of the bookshelves in my bedroom and got rid of some of the books from the living room.

When I got rid of the extra furniture, I had to re-arrange my living room furniture.

This past Monday, a lovely young lady, Amanda, came by to photograph my minis so that meant more cleaning and tidying. Amanda had contacted the club earlier in this year asking for volunteers to have their minis photographed for a school project and I was one who had agreed.

So I'm quite pleased with the changes.

During the estate sale earlier this month, Sunni brought me my gift bag from Driving Miss Dolly in June. It contained a kit for this Alice in Wonderland book. I took it to craft night on Tuesday and put it together.

My DS Marie and DBIL Robert were here on a quick trip. They dropped off several things I had left when we went up to Fairview for Mom's interment.

Additionally, my DS Carol sent me all these wonderful minis!

All these great frames: (Outside measurements) largest 2 9/16" x  3 1/8" and smallest 1 3/16" x 1 1/2"
I see another art gallery in my future!

Each window is 2 1/4" x 3 5/8"
Think they would make lovely church windows - maybe with stained glass panes?


There's a total of 11 of these pots. 1" in diameter and 5/8" high.
 Carol had this picture of Mom and Dad (probably taken sometime in 1940-41 before Dad went overseas. None of us had ever seen it so she was kind enough to have it copied for all of us.

Hope to get back to minis and finish Mirabel's roombox soon.

2 comments:

  1. Those will be gorgeous windows in a chapel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheila, it would have been lovely here https://public.fotki.com/stalbertmini/church/
      But that's long gone and I don't foresee doing another. If you, or anyone else, would like them, please let me know.
      Maureen

      Delete