Thursday, July 25, 2019

Almost ready to fill Mirabel's roombox

I hate getting roomboxes ready to load so I'm thrilled that the end is in sight here.

I gave the outside of the box a second coat of paint.

For the lighting, I am using a Duracell under-cabinet light (one of three my DS Shirley gave me for Christmas a few years ago). I previously used one in Ann's kitchen.


This mounting plate is screwed into the ceiling

Then the light itself just clips in place. (It's easily removable is the batteries need to be replaced.) I think I will paint the front of the light white so it's not so noticeable.

With the light in place, it became evident that the walls needed a second coat of paint so did that.

 Dry-fit the flooring (again). Now I will 'glue' it in place with double-sided carpet tape. It's not evident on the left side but you may just be able to see a tab of tape on the right hand side. I put those in place to make removal of the floor easier. I may hide the left hand tab but will leave the right hand tab in place in case I want to remove the floor at some point. (It will be covered by the fireplace anyway.)

I had just enough paint left to paint the outside back of the roombox.

So affix the floor and paint the front of the light and the fun begins!

2 comments:

  1. The color of the floor is so warm and pretty. Can't wait to see everything dress up!

    ReplyDelete