Friday, April 5, 2019

More jewellery, etc.

I'm slowly but surely working on the jewellery from Linda's workshop. Well, mostly anyway. I dragged out all my own beads, findings and already made pieces.

The white necklace is from beads in my stash, the other three are from Linda's workshop.

I've always been a huge fan of fans and collected them for awhile 50 years ago. I got a small supply of these 'silver' metal fans years ago and still have some left so I took one and painted it black with a black marker.

Took some of this eyelash yarn from my stash...

And glued a strip of it along the back of the top of the fan.

 In our bag of  'bits and pieces' from Linda was a great bag of sequin holes. Using a piece of spaghetti (dampened on the end) to pick them up, I glued some of them to the fan.


Then I cut one section from the eyelash yarn and glued it to the bottom.

I have other odds and ends of things that are in the works. This project is such fun!

4 comments:

  1. Love the fan, Maureen! What a great idea. I'm at the Montreal show this weekend. Already blew most of my budget - but I still have a credit card!! Heading back to New Brunswick tomorrow - poorer but very happy. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn. Envy your trip to the Montreal show. Have a safe trip back home.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Marilyn: A Very Clever transformation of the fan Maureen! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth. I love making miniature fans. BUT it's time to get back to finishing the jewellery part of this project.

      Delete