Sunday, March 24, 2019

The jewellery workshop

Yesterday, Linda taught a group of us to make jewellery - LOTS of jewellery.

We started off by making jewellery forms and trays from laser cuts by Tina. Trimmed them in gold, then painted them black, then flocked them. This took a good portion of the day but once it was finished, we could be started on the fun stuff - making the jewellery to fill them.

The 2" square piece in the lower right hand corner is laser cut paper jewellery settings from Lisa Engler
I only managed to complete these three pieces yesterday.


Made this necklace set with rubies today.

Finished the bracelet stand this afternoon.

And here are the bracelets...

And here they are in place.


Here are the mostly all punched out laser cut jewellery settings:

Joanne and I are off to see Kinky Boots tonight so that's all until I keep working away on this tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. I have a fondness for crowns (just ask my dentist, ha ha), but that necklace is just stunning! Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very punny Barbara. (Loved it!) Lots more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great fun, Maureen! I adore that necklace you made. I had no idea you could get the jewellery forms in a laser cut form. I must check into that for future use. Thanks so much for bring another one of my enablers, Maureen! *smile*. Cheers - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to enable whenever I can Marilyn. LOL
      Tina's laser cut jewellery forms are wonderful! This entire workshop was so much fun. As you'll see in my next post, the laser cut jewellery settings can be used on their own and put in separate mini settings!

      Delete