Saturday, March 9, 2019

Getting closer and closer....to finishing the kitchen; and a bit more on a previous scene...

I'm enjoying this so much!

There was no room on the kitchen island for a towel rack but I always hang my towels on the handle of my oven so I added a Chrysnbon towel rack to the oven door and hung two gingham towels from it.


I will be putting the microwave between the fridge and the upper corner cabinet so I made a little case for it. When it all comes together, I think I'll be putting a bouquet of flowers above it.

The microwave oven was a fridge magnet. I removed the magnet by heating it with my hair dryer then placed it in the cabinet.

I ran out of the original door/drawer pulls so had to come up with something for the remaining pieces. There were some small wooden beads in my stash that would work so I put them on the ends of toothpicks, painted them bronze and stuck them in a piece of floral oasis to dry.

The small brass nails that came with the nailer that I bought at club the other night were too short so I ended up using sequin pins and clipping them off with a wire cutter. HOWEVER, the sequin pins wouldn't work with the nailer so I used the brass pins to drill the pilot hole and proceeded from there.

Once that was done, I painted over the silver of the sequin pins with a bit of bronze paint.

Took 8 tubular beads and painted them white for spice containers.


While those were drying, I took four emptied medical dessicant containers (that sometimes come in prescription drugs) and painted them with a glossy white paint.

Then added a small silver nail embossment to each one.


Back to the cylindrical beads...added small scrapbooking brads through the top.

Then I filled the wall cabinet with the spice jars and the canisters.

(Above and below) The paint on all these drawers was so thick that they didn't fit so I had to sand them down so they did fit and re-coloured the edges with a black marker.

With the new drawer pulls plus a touch up of the charcoal paint.

Turned the roombox upside down and glued this fan to the centre of the room in front of the light.
(Once the glue had dried, it's in place.)

I have the upper corner cabinet to finish; have to make a stove hood; think about a few other things and, YES, the best of all!!!....loading the scene with all the "stuff".

Another story:

Last year, I made a playscale (1:6)  Italian dinner scene for my friend, Jeanne. Last week, she asked if I had any wine glasses that would work in the scene.  I did and gave her four silver wine flutes.

Then tonight I looked through my stash and found some additions to the table. Some braided bread on a cutting board with a knife, salt and pepper shakers (pony beads with 1/4 punched pieces of cardstock) and the all-important bottle of wine!

A friend had brought me a playscale actual bottle of Scotch. Some of that had evaporated so I drank the bit left, put some food colouring in the bottle and added water to it and resealed it.


This is going to look great! I'll see about getting a picture of it.

2 comments:

  1. Love the spice rack! The cannisters and jars are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila.
      It was such fun making the kitchen for Ann.
      Maureen

      Delete