Wednesday, February 27, 2019

One step forward, two steps back.....

Well, I did get the outside of the kitchen roombox painted white! Which was a good start....but things have been slow going since then.

M.E.E. held a workshop in our social room on the weekend which normally wouldn't take much of my time (since I wasn't taking it) but our newsletter editor was unable to attend so she needed someone to take pictures and I volunteered.


Tina MacDonald of our club taught the two day workshop "The Little Cabin in the Woods". She will also be teaching this at the Ontario Gathering in Oakville, Ontario, on April 12, 13 and 14.

Had other outside obligations on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Wednesday in addition to visiting my Mom every day so didn't have as much free time as I had thought I would.

Started working on the lower kitchen cabinets and discovered they weren't all the same height but think I've figured out how to get around that.

The sink for the kitchen island was to high so had to work around that....then decided the "marble" top wasn't big enough so decided to make it larger....but didn't have enough matboard to do that and the counter tops so had to find another larger piece. That worked out okay as I think the new piece is a bit better colour.

When I painted all the furniture for the kitchen, I removed all the wooden handles. Went through all my Houseworks hardware and found enough brass knobs to replace them but the holes were too big for them so decided to use the original wooden pieces and painted them bronze.

Have some great condiment bottles but they won't fit in the racks on the door of the fridge. One possible solution to that problem didn't work. Back to the drawing board.

So I think I've solved all the problems so far so hope to get work done tomorrow after I bake Mom's muffins.

On the other hand, Ann, the recipient of the kitchen is going to be away over the weekend so DS Marie won't be here when we give it to her so I've a couple more days than I had planned for.

Hope to have better news tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. love that project your club member taught. What scale is it? Glad to hear your Mom, God love her, is still with you. So great that she has done so well since her health scare a couple of years ago. If you (and she) don't mind my asking, how old is your Mom now. She's a trooper!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "The Little Cabin" is 1:48 scale. Almost tempted me to "the other side". LOL
      Mom is 95. And she is still hanging in there.
      Maureen

      Delete