Thursday, February 21, 2019

Enough already....

I'm getting so frustrated with myself and my not getting anything done mini-wise.

Two and a half weeks ago, I brought out my attic and thought it would be a good choice for completion as it only needs one light installed, the drywall finished, then fill it.

It's still sitting there. :-(


A week and a half ago, I did make this washboard for the attic. Still needs to be aged but at least I got something done.

Then last weekend I found this in the Put and Take room and grabbed it for one of my art galleries!
It's three inches tall from the bottom of the base to the top of the tail.
I found some DecoArt Extreme Sheen bronze paint in my stash and painted it.

Also had some very old FolkArt antiquing medium in my stash. It was not in very good shape so I tried it first on a small plastic horse from my stash....

Then used it on the larger one. Love it but think it could use another coat of the antiquing medium.

These two things got me sort of back in the groove but still need more of a push.

I've mentioned before Ann who runs her catering business out of my mother's building and supplies Mom with wonderful evening meals every day. I made a nursery for her first grandchild last year and have often taken miniatures over to show her. She's a big fan.

So I discussed it with my sister Shirley and we decided that I would do a kitchen for Ann. DS Marie is currently in Mexico and returns next Friday so that's my deadline....

The inside of the room is done and the cupboards have a first coat of paint so it shouldn't take too long to finish it.


Lots of goodies to fill the cupboards and fridge.

This is how the room looks with the light on. The light is one of three that Shirley gave me for Christmas a few years ago. I assume that the hole in the back wall was originally for wiring it but the cupboards will cover it.

So hopefully, this will get me back mini-ing.

2 comments:

  1. HI Maureen! I know just what you mean - I have so many mini things I could be doing but real life is interfering way too often. I'm glad you're back on track and am looking forward to the kitchen progression. - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn. We are both getting it together now. Glad to have you back with your Charminis blog.
      Maureen

      Delete