Sunday, December 16, 2018

Two down!

I got this room vignette for $5.00 from an estate sale. Bought it for the setting then discovered that everything was totally glued down. So had to rethink it a bit!

It will be a door prize at our Condo Christmas Potluck Dinner so added the Christmas tree and some gifts, a dish of licorice allsorts, the red bowl, a pair of Crocs and a puppy.

Also knit the little afghan over the back of the chair to add a bit of colour.

Stitch for the afghan is:

Cast on multiple of 4 plus 2 stitches.
K2 *P1 wrap wool around needle once, P2 together K1*
Repeat the stiches between * and * to the end of the row.
Just keep repeating that same row until you have the length you want.


2 comments:

  1. Maureen: A very happy 2019! I am just getting back into the blog world after an absence of more than a year and am catching up on all of the people's blogs that I like to read. I'm working my way backwards with yours so just came across your Christmas vignette you made as a door prize. So cute! Thank you so much for the instructions for the little afghan. I may just give it a try myself as I have never knit or crocheted anything that tiny. What did you use for needles? Did you use sewing thread or floss for the actual "yarn"? Thanks, Maureen! - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn,
      Thanks. I used size 000 or 0000 needles that I got years ago when we had a full-service yarn shop here. For this I used embroidery thread from Dollarama.

      Delete